Depending on where you live, some places can get pretty cold in winter. Even with the heat blasting, indoor cats gotta keep warm.
Luckily, our kitties are experts at cuddling and finding nice, warm spots to get toasty.
Whether it’s with blankets, fireplaces, or snuggling, here are some kitties who know how to keep warm during the cold winter months!
10 Cats Staying Warm In Winter
If you can do all three — snuggle with your kitty, get under the blankets, and curl up in front of a toasty fire — then you will have the warmest, coziest winter ever!
Here are a few great ways to keep cats warm:
- For parents of an “only” cat, consider adopting a second so they can snuggle up.
- Start a fire in the fireplace and make sure kitty has a safe place to enjoy it. Always supervise!
- Keep blankets readily available for fur babies.
Here are a few great ways for humans to stay warm in winter:
- Snuggle up with kitties.
- Heat up some hot cocoa, coffee, or tea.
- Cover up. Wear more clothing than you would during the summer.
- Have blankets readily available on couch.
- Wear socks! Hopefully you’re getting some nice cat-themed socks as holiday gifts!
- If you’re in a really cold part of the country, wear thermals underneath.
You Can Even Help Outdoor Cats In Winter
In some parts of the country, outdoor feral and stray cats could probably use a little extra help staying warm, especially when the temperatures dip to near zero degrees and below.
Cats have fur, but that can only go so far. Not all cats are Maine Coons, after all.
Here are some great ways to help stray cats in your area stay warm. They might not say thank you, but they will sure appreciate it!
- Give them food and water every day if possible. Dry food won’t freeze as easily as wet food.
- Provide insulated shelter. If you don’t know how to make a shelter, click here.
- If it snows, clear away paths for cats to go in and out of the shelter.
We all like staying warm when the outdoor temperatures take a dip.
How do you and your kitty stay warm during the cold winter? Do you snuggle with your cat by the fireplace? Let us know in the comments below!